... the game called life. Wherein it is in trials that we grow to be beautiful.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

losing my wisdom

I had my *very* impacted "wisdom" tooth pulled out last Friday afternoon. I had to wait for two weeks to finally have it pulled out. Things just kept on happening that prevented me from getting it done. And now that it is finally over I am reaping it's painful benefits.

I think I am quite lucky enough not to be suffering the horror stories I have heard from other people who have gone through the same thing. Although my dentist said mine was a harder procedure. I would think so since it took 1 vial and a half of anesthesia, two dentists, a set and a half of thread for the stitching and more than an hour for the entire procedure. The whole time my mouth was forced to open wider than it usually can. How much can a girl take?

Anyway, back to my luck. It did hurt after the operation but 4 hours after half of my mouth was still heavily affected by anesthesia. It made me think that they went really trigger happy with it. Which I would say is a good thing for me. No wonder my bill went so high! LOL! The morning after, I felt different of course. My gums were badly beaten and it felt like I have a hard candy perpetually stuck where my tooth was. In short, it was swollen. But not that noticeable. It didn't hurt that much either. Which is really a great sign. I have been dreading the after effects but I don't seem to have them. I even opted not to take mefenamic since it doesn't hurt at all. That was until my mom said the the meds were supposed to help the swelling too. I had trouble talking and laughing but it's for the best, I guess. The world can rest for a few days from my nonsense.

And now, 3 days after, it is still swollen. A bit better from yesterday. It doesn't bleed anymore. I can tell. It doesn't taste like it anymore. BUT I crave for real food already. I. AM. HUNGRY. SOmebody better feed me before I get cranky. :P John? =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home