... the game called life. Wherein it is in trials that we grow to be beautiful.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

other side

I have been on both sides of the road. I have been a pedestrian walking along the streets of Manila amidst the hustle and bustle of the city. I have also been a driver seated in a comfortable chair, the air conditioning system blasting away the heat and if it’s raining preventing Mother Nature from getting me wet. Yes, I have been on both sides.

I used to be a nasty driver. When I say nasty, I meant someone who had very little regard for other drivers and pedestrian. And then it hit me. Most often than not I am a pedestrian, then why the hell am I so nasty to them? I thought that was a good realization. Then another one came onto me. Between the pedestrian and the driver, the driver is at a better place. Why? If it is so hot outside and you are walking along the streets, believe me, it’s no fun to be out there. But if you were a driver, you are inside your car not only protected from the heat but also blessed with cool air blasting through the aircon system. If it is raining and you are still walking along the streets, you can’t help it but sooner or later YOU will get wet. But if you were a driver, you are protected from rain and you certainly won’t get wet. Does anybody else in here see my point?

So this morning on my way to work, I had my umbrella on my right hand and my sandwich, which is my breakfast, on my left. It was a balancing act considering I have a bad left index finger. I waited patiently for the light on Chino Roces to turn red so I can peacefully cross the street. It turned red and I stepped off the sidewalk to cross the street when a Ford Escape who wanted to turn right comes along. What did the fucking driver do? Honk incessantly so the pedestrians would clear out. What a bully?!? There were less than 5 pedestrians who were trying to cross the street. Would it have killed HER if she waited while she’s on her luxurious and comfortable car? I don’t think so. We on the other hand had to scamper away so as not to get into an accident. I looked back to check the driver out. That was when I saw that it was a woman driving the car. And I thought women were more sensitive. Apparently, if men driver can be bastards, women can be bitches.

I wished that she would experience the same thing she did to me and the others. I wish she’d be on the other side of the road. By then, I think will she only understand how it is to give courtesy to others.

I said I am a nice driver. But only to those
who counts. For the other bastards and bitches on the streets, I am the same. Two can definitely play that game. *evil laugh*

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home