... the game called life. Wherein it is in trials that we grow to be beautiful.

Friday, September 26, 2008

the one with the Emmy's

I drafted this last Tuesday. My internet was acting up so I wasn't able to post it.

I have to write about this while I am still passionate about it. It just really pisses me off. It was a couple of months back when the news here in the Philippines was that Teri Hatcher's DH character bad mouthed the Filipino doctors. It caused a very big media frenzy that even our country's politicians are having their say. They said that Teri should apologize and that the show should be cancelled and I cannot count the petitions being signed to have actions taken not only against the show but against the actor also. It was for me back then a really stupid subject to dwell on. I mean, we as a country have so much other issues to deal on other than a show saying that we have incompetent medical system and doctors. If you have lived in this country, you have to admit that there is truth in that statement. It hurt but there's truth in it. But now, low and behold, the same actor who bashed our medical system wore a Monique Lhuillier gown on the Primetime Emmy awards and she is again in the news! I have nothing against Teri. Heck, I am all for Teri! But should we really care what she wears that it should make the evening news? I honestly thought that for a minute I was watching an entertainment news show. But no, it was supposed to be one of the decent evening news show in the country. People here have got their priorities all wrong. It's upside down. And it seem that all of a sudden, Teri is the good girl. What is she? The prodigal daughter? Geez people! Get a hold of yourselves.Although I think that Teri might have decided to wear that dress to appease our country's bruised ego. If that is the case, good thinking on her and her agent's part. It looks like it worked.



Oh... And you pronounced Monique's last name wrong. It may be pronounced the way you said it on the news as that here in the Philippines but I guess when she made it big in the States she decided to put a flair on it. It's supposed to be like Luwiliyey not Luwilyer. Now I am just being picky. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home