... the game called life. Wherein it is in trials that we grow to be beautiful.

Friday, September 26, 2008

the other side

My friend told me the other day that there is a very BIG chance that she'll be moving to Singapore. She'll take a job there and stay for 1 year. She assured me that she'll be back in time for my wedding. She is one of my bridesmaid's after all. I have to be honest and say that when she told me about the news I couldn't help but feel sad. I see all the positive things that it could bring to her life and career but that doesn't change the fact that she's not here. She's not a local phone call away or a jeepney ride away. She has been my oldest friend. And overtime, she has become a sister to me. Before, when we used to talk about moving out of the country I always told her that I wouldn't be able to do it alone and sometimes I'd ask her to join me. Now, she is doing this on her own. I always admired her courage. She always went for what she wanted. Or so that's how I saw it. Something that I don't usually do. I'll miss her. I told her that I'd join her if I wasn't getting married. I hope I can go to her for a vacation.





It makes me wonder how our summer would be. For the past few years we always go out for a yearly summer shebang. How can we do that now when she's not in the country? We're really growing up. We're adults now. We have to let go. These are the days when I wish I am back in high school.

It's just so sad. :'(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home